Registration is now open for the 2017 race! Reserve your spot today.
The Hunter Subaru Gear Grinder is a 6-hour mountain bike race held on the professionally designed Todd Branham trails at Camp Fallling Creek.
Event Date: Saturday, April 22nd, 2017
Host: Falling Creek Camp, Tuxedo, NC
Bike along the exclusive, private trails of Falling Creek Camp in a 6-hour relay. Do it alone, with a partner, or team. These are trails “like you read about in a magazine”, professionally designed by Todd Branham of Blue Ridge Adventures.
The gravel climb has been replaced with a singletrack/logging road ascent leading up to camp. The course flows through single-track weaving between camp cabins and activity areas on trails named Reptar and Toad’s Turnpike. Racers drop down the mountain on Ridgeline Trail. From Ridgeline, the course traverses Green River Trail back to the staging area.
This event typically corresponds with Blue Ridge Mountain Bike Festival so be sure to check out vendors and Expo events.
Register as an individual, duo, or team. Bike as many laps as possible within 6 hours. Individuals will continue doing laps, while teams will “pass the wood cookie” at the staging area. Only one teammate permitted on the course at a time. The individual, duo, and team to complete the most laps (in the shortest time) within the 6 hours wins.
Friday, April 21
• On-Site Registration: 3:00pm to 6:00pm
• Pre-ride Course: 3:00pm to 6:00pm
• Primitive Camping: $10 per person
Saturday, April 22
• On-Site Registration: 8:00am to 9:00am
• Mandatory Race Meeting: 9:30am
• Race: 10:00am to 4:00pm
• Awards supper with a race number raffle: 4:00pm
• Online registration will be available through April 20, 2017 by clicking the link above. The event is capped at 300 racers to ensure a great race experience.
• On-site registration will be available if space permits for an additional $10.
• Each racer must sign a Race Waiver prior to being issued a race number.
• Registration transfers must be emailed to the promoter by April 20. Rider substitutions will not be considered after the 20th deadline.
• GPS Address: 816 Falling Creek Camp Rd., Zirconia, NC, 28790. Additional directions and details: EXIT 1 Bob’s Creek Rd. and travel west about 2.5 miles to Falling Creek Camp Rd. Follow that gravel road entrance into camp.
• Falling Creek Camp website
• Parking/Staging Area: Follow signs and volunteer directions after turning.
• Entry fees include post-race supper.
• Entrants must be present to win Race Number Raffle held during Awards Ceremony.
• Field Limit of 300 Racers.
• Food: Participants must bring their own race nutrition. Water will be provided.